Glenbrook School Dress Code Policy
Glenbrook School’s dress code policy requires student to arrive at school in uniform. The most important elements of the dress code policy are both student compliance and parental support. If your child does not come to school wearing the appropriate attire, he/she will be requested to remedy the noncompliance immediately. Parents/guardians will be contacted to bring proper clothing to the school. Students will return to class when he/she has on the appropriate clothing.
Males are to be clean shaven and hair neat, clean, and well-groomed (The length must not extend the top of the collar. Sideburns shall be neatly trimmed and shall not extend beyond the mid-ear level).
Uniform style plain or pleated skirts and shorts are allowed but no shorter than 4” above the top of the knees
MALES & FEMALES
- Uniform khaki pants, navy pants, or shorts (No jeggings, leggings, tights, low rise or hip huggers, cargos, overalls, western cut, capris, drawstring or elastic waists, athletic or mesh pants or shorts, and no corduroy many be worn as pants).
- No visible body piercing or tattoos are allowed except earrings for females.
- Appropriate belt with buckle. (Brown, black, or navy color only).
- Solid white oxford cloth, button-down collar, short or long sleeve with an approved Glenbrook design.
- Solid white, red, or navy polo shirt (short or long sleeve) that may have an approved Glenbrook design. Only 2 to 3 button polos will be allowed.
- Red approved “G” t-shirt purchased from Minden Athletic that may be worn any day of the week.
- Shirts must be tucked in.
- Only solid white undershirts to be visible under the polo and/or oxford shirt.
- No long sleeve shirts are to be worn under short sleeve shirts.
- Closed-toe shoes must be worn. All shoes must be worn with socks that cover the entire foot. Any type of boots, slides, or crocs are not allowed.
- Solid white, red, navy, or gray sweatshirts with an approved Glenbrook design may be worn over a Glenbrook polo shirt or t-shirt.
- No hooded sweatshirts are to be worn in the building/gym.
- No caps or hats are allowed inside the building.
- Unusual or distracting hairstyles are prohibited.
- Blue jeans that have no holes or fraying may be worn on Friday with an approved Glenbrook t-shirt.
- Athletes participating in a sporting event may wear on the day of the event their jersey or a designated shirt that has been approved by the headmaster and coach. The shirt must be tucked in.
- K-6th Grade are allowed to wear blue jeans shorts.
- K-6th Grade may wear elastic waist pants or shorts. (Preferred in K-1st).
- K-6th Grade: For school functions, students may be required to wear a red polo and uniform khaki pants/shorts.
- 7th – 12th Grade: P.E. period – red shorts with plain white shirt.
- Tennis shoes ONLY on the gym floor.
- For all students: Light jackets with zippers or sweaters may be worn over a uniform polo/oxford/t-shirt. Jackets must be red, navy, or gray.
- No trench coats or blankets are allowed.
- Heavy coats are not to be worn to class. They must be stored in lockers. There is no color restriction.